Stuart Jones brings over 30 years’ experience to all phases of civil litigation, both in defending and prosecuting cases for a wide variety of clients from individuals and small businesses to governmental agencies and Fortune 500 companies.
As first chair counsel in jury trials, bench trials, and arbitrations, Mr. Jones has tried a number of cases up to eight weeks in duration to various successful outcomes. He has tried matters involving patent and employment law, trade secrets, unfair competition, patent assignments, construction delay claims, design and construction defects and landlord-tenant law. Mr. Jones has deposed hundreds of parties, percipient witnesses, and expert witnesses and briefed and argued appeals in the Courts of Appeal. In many of these large cases, Mr. Jones has determined discovery strategy and coordinated discovery teams. Trained and certified as a mediator, Mr. Jones has negotiated and mediated hundreds of complex settlements.
- Civil Trials
- Intellectual Property
- Construction Law
- B.A., University of California, 1979
- J.D., University of San Francisco, 1982
- L.L.M. (Intellectual Property & Technology) University of San Francisco, 2004
- How Do I Protect My Signature Building - Get a Copyright! Real Estate Finance, Aspen Publishers, June 2007, Vol. 24 No: 1, Page 7.
- My House is my Castle, But Can I Protect it from Infringement? University of San Francisco School of Law Intellectual Property Law Bulletin, April 2003, Vol. 8, No. 2, Page 1. Relied upon by courts in the following cases: Design Basics, LLC v Forrester Wehrle Homes, Inc., 2018 WL 1583101 (ND Ohio); Fine Line Homes, L.P. v Parobek 2008 WL 11492967 (M.D. Penn); Thomas Home Corporation v Reve Development Corporation 2007 WL 9747250 (N.D. Fla.)
- How Top Litigators Achieve Success Through the Power of Animation Graphics, Merrill Legal Solutions, San Francisco, May 2009
- Recent Developments in Copyright Protection of Architectural Works, American Institute of Architects, San Francisco, 2007
- Co-Presenter, Prosecuting Water Intrusion and Mold Claims in California, Sterling Educational Services, LLC, San Francisco, 2003